OpenID Connect & OAuth - Demystifying Cloud Identity
Innovation, proposals and standardization result in endless specifications. Often too many to ingest while focusing your development on the specific business domain at hand.
In this deep dive we will untangle the web of complexity introduced by two of the most popular authentication and authorization frameworks used in native cloud applications today, the OpenID Connect and OAuth 2 standards.
You can expect to learn:
- How to get started using Oauth 2 and Spring
- What made these frameworks so popular
- The intricate details of each implementation
- Implications and challenges of using token based security for applications and microservices
- How to easily extend Spring components for non standard APIs
Join us and share in our experiences building the Cloud Foundry User Authentication and Account management project, the UAA, a production grade OAuth 2 authorization and resource server, as well as an OpenID Connect implementation. The UAA is relying on and extending several Spring Security frameworks to provide a robust identity implementation for the Cloud Foundry platform and its application eco system.