Going Reactive: Building Better Microservices
Reactive provides developers with an elegant model for constructing applications out of communicating components that improves code readability, eases concurrent programming and supports fine-grained unit testing.
In this talk, we'll see how this model is a natural fit for building resilient microservices. Specifically, we'll see how to:
- Abstract the outside world behind Reactive interfaces
- Split a microserivce into Reactive subsystems
- Ease unit testing with Reactive components
- Introduce concurrency to improve service performance
- Use back-pressure to manage service load and increase resilience
Attendees should be familiar with basic Reactive concepts such as publishers and subscriber but need not have any real-world experience building Reactive systems.